Toy Story is the biggest animated movie of the year so far people!
Not only the third installment of the saga that started more than a decade ago has surpassed Pixar's own record of their biggest openning weekend with $110.3 million, but reports state Toy Story 3 will become Pixar's biggest movie, probably breaking their own record with Finding Nemo, which closed with a very good $339.7 million back in 2003.
Toy Story will have to fight against the bloodsuckers of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse in this week's figures, and even if it's been predicted Eclipse is going to take the number one spot, predictions say that Toy Story 3 will pass Nemo's record easily because of high-priced 3D tickets and repeat viewers.
Anyways, here's the official box office records for the past week and below you'll find a Behind The Scenes video featuring the making of The Spanish Version of Buzz Lightyear.
Top 10 via ScreenCrave.com
- Toy Story 3 | Last Week 1 | BV | Weekend Gross $59,000,000 | Average Per Theater $14,647 | Total Gross $226,552,000 | Film’s Budget $200 | Week 2
- Grown Ups | New | Sony | Weekend Gross $41,000,000 | Average Per Theater $11,602 | Total Gross $41,000,00 | Week 1
- Knight & Day | New | Fox | Weekend Gross $20,500,000 | Average Per Theater $6,617 | Total Gross $27,789,000 | Week 1
- The Karate Kid | LW 2 | Sony | Weekend Gross $15,400,000 | Average Per Theater $4,118 | Total Gross $135,641,000 | Film’s Budget $40 | Week 3
- The A-Team | LW 3 | Fox | Weekend Gross $6,000,000 | Average Per Theater $1,851 | Total Gross $62,843,000 | Film’s Budget $110 | Week 3
- Get Him to the Greek | LW 4 | Uni. | Weekend Gross $3,010,000 | Average Per Theater $1,376 | Total Gross $54,486,000 | Film’s Budget $40 | Week 4
- Shrek Forever After | LW 5 | P/DW | Weekend Gross $2,875,000 | Average Per Theater $1,229 | Total Gross $229,313,000 | Film’s Budget $165 | Week 6
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time | LW 6 | BV | Weekend Gross $2,801,000 | Average Per Theater $1,513 | Total Gross $86,177,000 | Film’s Budget $200 | Week 5
- Killers | LW 8 | LGF | Weekend Gross $2,000,000 | Average Per Theater $881 | Total Gross $44,000,000 | Film’s Budget $75 | Week 4
- Jonah Hex | LW 7 | WB | Weekend Gross $1,600,000 | Average Per Theater $566 | Total Gross $9,144,000 | Film’s Budget $47 | Week 2